Psyonix is bringing a Battle Royale mode to Rocket League
In the history of video games, no game has achieved what Rocket League has done. It’s a one-of-a-kind game that has established its place in both esports and casual gaming. In sports such as football, ice hockey, and basketball, the game successfully integrated rocket-powered supercars. Every player likes to get into this adrenaline.
Epic is the game’s developer, and they are well-known for their Battle Royale hit, Fortnite. Guess what? They’ve decided that this mode will be included in Rocket League as well. Last week, Rocket League released a Youtube video introducing a game mode for players to test out called Knockout Bash.
According to the developers, this new game mode will function as a Battle Royale Mode for Vehicular Combat. As with all limited-time events in Fortnite, the designers will be testing it out and reacting accordingly to player feedback. In this game mode, the balls and pucks will be taken away, and players will be attempting to eliminate one another instead of putting the ball in their nets.
In the trailer for Rocket League, it is shown that the game will include new arenas in which players can be knocked out of. In addition, there is a new spiked pillar and a lazer grid that may help you knock other players out. This mode will be accessible between April 27 and May 10, 2022.
Each battle will be free for everyone to join, and it’ll involve eight players. Each player will have three lives in this fight, and they won’t return to the game if they are knocked out three times. There can be only one winner in this vehicle mayhem; see what’s new with the main gameplay and supporting mechanics below:
- Team Size – In Knockout there are no teams. Instead, 8 players compete in free-for-all action.
- Lives – Unlike Soccer, Knockout doesn’t have unlimited respawns. Players will have to watch their back because once you’ve been KO’d 3 times it’s game over.
- Safezone – Surrounding the arena is a translucent dome called the Safezone. When a player is knocked out of the Safezone, they must return within 10 seconds or they will be KO’d. Throughout the game the Safezone will shrink, increasing the danger. After 6 minutes the match will enter Sudden KO, where every Attack or Throw is maximum power, and being knocked out of the Safezone causes an instant KO.
- Hazards – Each Knockout Arena contains several Hazards, including Spikes and a Laser Grid that lies below the platforms. Touching a Hazard will result in an instant KO.
- Attack – Dodging into opponents will do a lot more than just bump them, in Knockout a well-placed Attack will send your opponents flying. Remember, the faster you’re going the harder you’ll hit.
- Block – Blocking will reflect Attacks back at your opponent. Be careful though, this will only work with proper timing otherwise your block will fail, leaving you wide open to an Attack.
- Grab – Hold the Grab button and dodge into an opponent to Grab them. Dodge again to throw them across the Arena.
- Stun – Players will be Stunned after being hit by an Attack, while being Grabbed, after being Thrown by a Grab, or after having an Attack Blocked. In this state, players are helpless and cannot control their cars. While Stunned, you can free yourself by mashing the Break Stun button.
- Enemy Lock-On – Instead of locking on to a ball, the camera is now able to lock on to opposing players. While locked on, the player can cycle through targets.
- Triple Jump – Double jump is SO retro. In Knockout, players can jump in the air twice before resetting their jumps by placing their wheels on the ground.
- Multi Dodge – Dodging power has been increased, and now Players can dodge up to four times in the air. No need to flip reset either, as there is no time limit to how long your dodge can be saved mid-air.
- Jump – In Knockout, jumping has much more vertical force than other Rocket League modes.
- Boost – Boost is a bit stronger in Knockout, which allows players to get back to the platform when they have been slammed into the distance by other players. Boost will recharge whenever you’re not boosting while your wheels are touching the ground.
What do you think about this news? Let us know below.
For latest news in your hands Follow us on Google News.